1. Which of the following is correct regarding Wernikes Encephalopathy :
-Often develops into Korsakof's even when treated
-It has a mortality rate of 70 % to 80 % if untreated
-The treatment is thiamine 100 mg. PO daily for 5 days
-The symptoms include Nistagmus ataxia and opisthotonos
-None of the above *
2. Which is the most serious complication of the supra condilar fracture of the Humerus ?
-A compartment syndrome of forearm
-Failure to heal
-Healing in a non anatomic position
-Injury into the median nerve.
-Permanent restriction of the Elbow motion.
3. Which one of the following descriptors of a diagnostic test is Influenced by the prevalence of the disease being tested for :
-Positive predictive value
4. A 43 years M admitted for Emergency Gastrectomey present confusion on the 3rd post-Op day. complains of lack of sleep due to cockroaches on the ceiling he is noted to be flashed & tremelus by the nurses during the day .. the most likely problem is :
-Post-Op Electrolites Inbalance
-Anoxic brain system
5. Pt. with known type II DM. treated with Clorpropamide present to ED in comma .. blood sugar = 1 mmol / L. .. you give the Pt 1 ampule of D50W & the Pt wakes up promptley . what is the next appropriate management :
-Give another ampule then discharge.
-Give 2 ampules then discharge.
-Give another ampule then observe the pt for 6 h. in the ED.
-Give one more ampule , admit the Pt. & start IV. Glucose Infusion with frequent ongoing glucose measurement
6. Pregnant 36 weeks with vaginal watery discharge , management :
-do sterile speculum exam
7. Barbiturate withdrawal = convulsion
8. Retrovarted uterus complain = asymptomatic
9. G5 P4 post-delivery, postpartum hemorrhage, most likely cause is :
10. Anal skin tag in child associated with ,
-chronic Anal Fissure
11. Child with abdominal pain attacks , drowning his legs up , mucouid bloody stool. Diagnosis ?
12. 1st sign of foot gangrene is = rest pain
13. Pt. M pain in both lower limbs with week popletial artery pulsation , management ?
14. basket ball player averted his ankle joint during jumping at match , on Examination Pain with Increased Various range. Management ?
-Repair ligament surgery
-Below knee cast
15. clean wound cut with laceration & incomplete section of nerve , management ?
-Suture of wound Immediately
-Leave the wound open
16. pain on walking increase in 2nd & 3rd metatarsal bone of forefoot. Diagnosis ?
17. Pt. 68 years going to elective surgery , he has 4 mo. history of chest pain & got same attack at night before the day of surgery , what do u do ?
-Lignocaine before surgery
-Trinatreate during surgery
-Send him for ICU
-Postpone the operation & check function of the coronaries
18. collage student F 20 years presented with lower abdominal pain , PE bilateral lower abdominal tenderness , febrile Vaginal exam : tender with cervical mobilization , pregnant test (-). Diagnosis ?
19. vaginal bleeding , stooped at the day of admission , pregnancy test is (+) US shows empty uterus & left adnexal mass. Diagnosis ?
20. young Pt with history of non productive cough but clinically well .. C-X ray shows bilateral basal Infiltration .. Diagnosis. ?
21. Pt with Ulcer in sole of the foot , at 2nd & 3rd metatarsal joint X Ray necrotic & destroyed part of 2nd & 3rd metatarsal bone .. what to do ?
-Above knee amputation
-Daily sterile dressing
22. Problem which cause most work days = back pain
23. Nicotinic skin patchy is contraindicated in:
-Ischemic Heart disease
NB. (not sure)
24. Psychotherapy is superior to medication in:
25. mother worried about her child because of history of myopathy in family .. what Investigation to be done 1st ?
26. Pt on Lithium therapy became weak, lethargic, Intolerant to heat. what Investigation must be done ?
-Thyroid Function test
27. surgical nurse 25 years old is concerned that she is loosing her mind, for the past 6 months she is been preoccupied with contamination, on his ward she has been not touching any patient ,door knobs ...etc.
She was also washing her hand excessively, which of the following treatments will help in reducing her preoccupation and hand washing ?
28. M 50 years with Prostatic Cancer with bone metastasis. Treatment ?
-Hormonal therapy in the form of total androgenic blockage
29. Pt with family history of urticaria, presented with urticaria ... investigation revealed C1 esterase inhibitor deficiency ... Diagnosis. ?
30. thickened upper Lt. lip with mild vesicles ... Diagnosis ?
31. Erithematous Vulva with whitish lesion of Candida of Groin & Satellite lesions .. what is the predisposing disease ?
32. Pt with sudden cough & pain in the Rt. side of the chest .. you suspect aspiration of foreign body .. what finding of the C-X ray ?
-Hyperlucent Rt. side
33. Defrentiaion between Maxilary & Zigomatic fractures ???????
34. calculation of the effectiveness of a vaccine
Incidence Non Vaccinate - Incidence Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------- x 100
Incidence Non Vaccinate
35. child chalking during eating .. he became Cyanotic, agitated, with forceful breathing .. 1st action to do is :
-Hit him from his back while head downward
-Introduce your finger in his mouth
36. 17 years F. at stage 3 Tanner still not menses .. management ?
-Examination of the pelvis
-Estrogen Progesterone level
37. asthmatic Pt. presented in the ER with Dyspnea , used to inhaled salbutamol with no Improvement.. PE shows dyspnea slit rhonchi at the upper chest & neck ... management. ?
-IV. fluid + Aminophine
-Inhaled Salbutamol + IV hydrocortisone + IV Fluid
38. Alfa fetoprotein Increased in
39. pt with abnormal pap smear .. what is the next step ?
40. 60 years F. presented with 5 x 5 cm. adnexal mass .. management. ?
41. Pt. found unconscious on the floor behind the bar, alcoholic, ER agitated semiconscious ... PE shows laceration on the head, all the limbs can be moved, all the others are normal… what is your action?
-CT of the head
-IV. fluid + Observation
42. Pt. fail down from the 2nd floor on his back .. the following will be part of the Initial management EXCEPT :
-Spine X Ray
43. tertiary prevention is
44. in the ER. young Pt treated with Procainamide his BP. decreased to 80\60 you tried another time with Procainamide .. his BP. still decreasing .. what to do ?
NB. the Pt. had Arrhythmia with hypertension (that’s why we gave him procainamide) & because its not decreasing we have to defibrillate him ...
45. F 23 years present with fibroadenoma of the Lt. breast in the lower medial quadrant of the breast all are possible EXCEPT :
-Fine needle aspiration will bring clear liquid
-Mammography can show abnormality
-The growth of the Tumor following cycles
46. F. febrile with tumor in upper Rt. quadrant of the anus .. the mass is painful & red .. what to do ?
-Cold sitz baths
47. child with juvenile poliposis .. possible complication :
-Non of the above
48. a mother brought hear 12 years daughter who present repetitive UTI temp. 38.5 , IVP & cystography are normal .. what is the best test to do :
-US & voiding cystography
-None of the above
49. fibroadenoma of the breast what is false :
-The most common benign tumor
-Fine needle aspiration bring clear fluid
-True solid tumor
-Tumor easy to find because encapsulated
NB. check it alone
50. F pregnant 28 years .. with nocturnal numbness in hands & forearm which wakes hear up for 3 months .. she also have difficulty grasping objects .. what is the most likely etiology ?
-Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
51. 72 years old with heart failure with high blood pressure treated for long time. He was brought to E R for hypotension 80\60 HR 110, what to give ?
52. Post-op. of Pancreas .. what is the cause of hypovolemic shock ?
-Initial necrosis of acute pancreatitis has produced tripsine
-Loss of liquids
-Side effect of anesthesia
NB. not sure
53. 68 years F. with history of Hysterectomy, came to see u because of micturation trouble at effort, no digestive trouble, she has a feeling of a painless mass intravaginaly, she has to try twice in order to void her bladder what is the diagnosis ?
-Urethral sphincter spasm
54. young M. feels sudden crack in his calf, what is the best clinical sign to diagnose Achilles tendon rupture ?
-Decreased dorsal flexion
-Impossibility to walk on the toes
-Increased passive dorsiflection of the foot
-Squeezing calf does not passively planter flex foot
55. farmer 74 years M. present with bilateral semetrical neaurosensorial defenses , PE is normal . diagnosis ?
NB. Most common cause of hear losing in elderly is presbiacusis
56. F. 45 years with decreased visual acuity, no pain , no tears. what do u exam first ?
-Rheumatoid factor screening
57. Burned Infant 2nd degree in the upper limb, what do u do ?
-Debrid & skin graft.
-Debrid & bandage
-Debrid & topic cream
-Clean the wound & systemic antibiotic
-Local care only
58. Cyclist attacked by bee comes to emergency with hypotension 80\60 , Heart rate 115 .. what do u do first ?
-Antihistamine H1 & H2
NB. we also give it by subcutaneous or IM. & in children IV or Endotracheal tube
59. child 5 years bitten by the neighbors dog .. the dog received all the vaccines. what do u do ?
-Observe the dog 10 days & anti rabbi serum
-Observe the dog & anti rabbis serum & vaccine
-Kill the dog
-Vaccinate the kid
-Observe the dog
60. F. 28 years present with chronic rhinorrhea , in the exam you found mucousal nasal atrophy .. diagnosis ?
61. F. 45 years back from a plane travel , complains vertigo, tenitus, moderate hearing loss, BP is 160\110 .. Diagnosis ?
62. what is the most common cause of lung abscess in post-Op pt.
-Bacterial discrimination from operative site
63. M. 25 years when he goes to toilet, he complains of painful defecation in the anal region, at the exam you will find bluish mass at the anal margin.. what is the Diagnosis ?
-Hemorrhoids internal sclerosed
-Hemorrhoids external strangulated
-Hemorrhoids external thrombosed
64. all the following tumors favorized by TOBACCO Except...
65. 5 years child have been beaten by a dog .. he had a deep wound, the dog is in a safe place .. what do u do ?
-Disinfect & clean the wound & put bandage
66. breast feeding women with DVT. treatment. ?
67. immediate post-op presents sudden hallucination , agitation & pretend that was miss treated .. Diagnosis ?
-Analgesic withdrawal syndrome
68. a pt consult u for painless testicular swelling , transilumination was (-) after minor trauma ... Diagnosis ?
69. F. 47 years present with sudden strong pain of the Rt. upper quadrant with fever 38.5 vomiting, no jaundice ... Diagnosis ?
-CA of pancreas
70. Pt refared to u by his dentist because of whitish lesion at the base of the tongue .. what is your attitude ?
-Identification of germs
-Ask for a correction of his dental prostheses
-Treat him by anti micotic oral bath
71. young boy present with frequent episode of rhinitis with purulent discharge & fever, from a maxillary sinus, what is the most likely complication if untreated ?
72. F pt. PE. painless mobile mass on Rt. upper quadrant without fever or Jaundice, what is the most likely diagnosis ?
-Tumor of Lt. inferior lobe of the Liver
-Tumor of superior pole of the Rt. kidney
73. child 13 years obese present with painful Rt. knee & pain of Rt. hip with difficulty walking & reduced abduction & Internal rotation , what is your diagnosis ?
-Septic arthritis of the hip
-Avascular necrosis of femoral head
-Slipped capital epiphysis
74. Pt. fell on his hand , Emergency X Ray was normal , but the pt. complain from painful wrist at abduction. management. ?
-Explain him that the pain will disappear after 2 weeks, its normal.
-Short cast plus X Ray in 15 days
NB. diagnosis is Scaphoid fracture & its very difficult to see it in X Ray.
75. Indication of elastic band in Hemorrhoids is :
-Type II bleeding Internal Hemorrhoids
76. 65 years obese Pt. complains of strong & sudden mid abdominal pain radiating to Lt. flank, what is your diagnosis ?
-Rupture of abdominal aorta
77. Pt. complains of Rt. upper quadrant pain & fever , PE shows slight abdominal tenderness, what investigation do u do to comfirme the diagnosis ?
78. most common complication of Epidural Anesthesia in a pregnant woman:
-Decrease in contraction
-Arrest of labor
79. Child pulled by his mother from his arms .. PE shows that one arm is adducted & the forearm is on pronation. what is the most likely diagnosis ?
-Laxation of the Inferior extremity of the ulna
-Subluxation of ulnar head
-Rupture of rotator cuff
80. defense mechanism in phobia = displacement, avoidance
81. defense mechanism in borderline PD. = splitting
82. Pt. doing the opposite of what he believes is good = reaction formation.
83. Pt. on lithium therapy complain of fatigue , increased weight , heat intolerance , what test would you order ?
-Thyroid stimulating hormone level test
84. Pt. presented with pulmonary edema & BP. 180\95 , what is the best treatment ?
85. 47 years F. with jaundice & history of nausea & vomiting , anorexia & depression , she is on Rifampicine, INH, Pyridoxine. PE Hepatomegaly + tenderness, Investigation reveal :SGOT, SGPT increased x 5, ALP slightly increased . the most likely diagnosis is :
-Drug induced hepatitis
86. Pt. complain from visual spatial defect , where is the lesion ?
-Rt. cerebral hemisphere
-Lt. cerebral hemisphere
87. 4 years African boy on septrine for tonsillitis presented with Jaundice , Investigations : Hb. 9.8 gm % , reticulocytes count 8 % , Hb. electrophoresis : Hb.A . what is the most likely diagnosis ?
-Sickle cell anemia
88. F. 65 years present with recurrent painless lower GI bleeding, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, barium enema, endoscopy & upper GI series all are normal, what is the dig. ?
-Rt. colon angiodysplasia
89. F. 50 years operated for cholicistectomy presented with heavy wound bleeding , she gives you a history of massive bleeding when she had a tooth extraction , what will you find ?
-Increased PTT + Increased BT
-Increased PTT + decreased BT
-Normal PTT + Increased BT
NB. diagnosis is Von Willebrand disease
90. pregnant woman with abruptio placenta, developed echymosis & bleeding , your diagnosis is DIC. what is the most specific test to confirm it ?
-Increased FDP (fibrine degradation product)
91. RTA (road traffic accident) Pt. with multiple fracture & trauma, 24 h later he develop tachypnea, PCO2 = 32, PaO2 = 50. X Ray shows bilateral infiltrates what is the next step to do ?
92. all the following are primary prevention except :
-Health related education
93. pregnant lady developed postpartum hemorrhage after vacuum delivery , what is the most likely cause ?
94. primigravida after delivery of a 4000 gm baby, after a prolonged labor could not urinate. What is the most likely cause ?
95. Child RTA present with urethral bleeding & urinary retention. Management ?
96. M. 25 years RTA, 4 h. Later developed Rt. Flank pain with heamaturia. What to do ?
97. F. 65 years complains heamaturia with clotting, frequency, nocturia & no dysuria. Diagnosis. ?
98. What is the most likely cause of no changing in variability in fetal heart on NST (non stress test) ?
99. NST indicated in all except :
-40 weeks Pregnancy
100. The most specific test in UTI in infants is :
-Sample obtained by catheter
101. How do u calculate the natural growth of a country ?
-Crude birth rate - death rate
102. Child 4-5 years can do all of the following except :
103. All of the following are normal during pregnancy except :
-Heart rate of 90
-White blood cell 3000
NB. The WBC is increased in pregnant But with impaired function
104. What is the best treatment of mild toxemia of pregnancy ?
-Bed rest & Lt. Lateral position
105. F. 16 years old complaining of loss of weight of 10 Kg. All of the following suggest non organic cause except :
-Does not worry about weight loss
-Engaged in athletic activity
-Family history of eating disorder
-Persistent complain of fatigue
NB. Its a case of Anorexia Nervosa
106. Which of the following suggest a DM in a 20 years M. ?
-Loss of weight despite good eating
107. All of the following suggest thyrotoxicosis except :
-Loss of weight
108. Young lady present a feature of hypothyroidism (cold intolerance, fatigue, anorexia, weight gain, meanorraghe, dry & rough skin, hair dry & coarse .... ) TSH is increased & T4 is low. What is your treatment ?
109. Lady develop severe PPH (post partum heamorrage), she present after 6 wks with fatigue an inability to breast feed (absence of breast milk). All will be decreased except .
NB. Diagnosis. is Sheehan’s syndrome (postpartum pituitary infarct)
The T4 has got a long 1\2t ..
110. Lady 15 days after delivery complain of epigastric pain radiating to the back with nausea & vomiting , history of group B strep. Infection. The pain is relieved by leaning forward, PE. reveal an epigastric tenderness what is the diagnosis ?
NB. The pain is relieved by leaning forward (Inglefinger’s sign)
111. Lady who delivered after prolonged labor present to you after 2 days. All of the following suggest Endometritis Except :
-Uterus 9 cm. below umbilicus
112. Lady after delivery develops fever. She still febrile after 5 days of antibiotic therapy. PV exam is normal. Diagnosis. ?
113. Young M. Complains of pain after defecation. PE reveal a blue mass , tender . Diagnosis. ?
-External thrombosed Hemorrhoid
-Internal thrombosed Hemorrhoid
114. Recurrent perineal abscess associated commonly with :
115. All of the following are contraindicated to epidural anesthesia except :
-Sepsis at site of injection
-Labor at 35 wks.
116. M. came after 24 h. of attack of renal colic. IVP done shows stone 0.5 cm. at L4, the kidney is slightly enlarged. Management ?
-Tranurethral removal of the stone after cystoscopy
NB. Conservative treatment if the stone is less than 5 mm & no complication.
117. M. 55 years with painless mass in scrotum (2 cm) transillumination is (+ve) . Diagnosis. ?
118. M. 25 years presented with solid scrotal mass, after minor trauma to the testis. Diagnosis. ?
119. Experimental study done with 2 drugs, shows that the result is significant, the epidemiologist wrote in his report that “p” is less than 0.5. What does that mean ?
-The association is less than 1\20 (5%) likely to be due to chance alone
120. Ultrasound will diagnose all the following at 20 wks EXCEPT :
121. Alfa feto protein is increased in :
122. Psoriasis ... All except :
-Decreased C3 , C4
123. Old man complain of low back pain, X Ray shows decreased joint space & osteophytes diagnosis ?
-Degenerative joint disease (osteoarthritis)
124. Boy 2 years, complain of knee pain, PE tender but not swollen knee, slightly warmer than the other joint. What is the best investigation to do ?
-Xray of the knee
125. Pt. present with fracture, you want to make a caste. You advise him about compartment syndrome. What will appear first ?
126. The most effective treatment in Osteoporosis is :
127. Pt. On OCP complain of amenorrhea 3 months after using the pills. What is true about amenorrhea?
-Due to high progesterone
-Due to Estrogen
128. Definition of potential years of life lost (PYLL) : .................................
129. Sexually active lady present with dysuria & vaginal discharge. All the following can cause this condition EXCEPT :
130. Bacterial vaginosis EXCEPT :
-Fishy odour with KOH test
-Frothy offensive discharge
131. Pt. complain of vertigo, how can you diagnose labyrinthitis ?
132. Pt. Operated for pituitary tumor, then he developed polyuria, dehydration inspite of receiving 4 L IV fluid. What will u give ?
-Give more IV fluid
-Start oral rehydration
-Give vasopressin (DDAVP)
NB. This is a case of SIADH
133. Alcoholic Pt. Complain of instability in gait, he uses a cane to avoid frequent fall. Romberg test is (+ve). what is your diagnosis ?
-Alcoholic cerebellar syndrome
134. Pt. complain of Tinnitus in Rt. ear, on Exam u found sensorineural deafness. Diagnosis. ?
135. New born, all the following are increasing risk factors of deafness EXCEPT:
-Used of gentamycin
-History of CMV infection
136. What will be your management. For a 3 years boy with stuttering ?
137. All the following neonates are prone to hypoglycemia EXCEPT:
-Normal infant born at 36 wks
-Non of the above
138. 32 years F. consult u for inability to conceive for 2 years, she is married who has 3 children from another woman. Temperature chart shows ovulation. What to do first ?
-Progesterone at 21 day
139. F. 18 years height 158 cm , normal breast, with primary amenorrhea , PE small uterus, all of the following to be done EXCEPT :
-TFT (Thyroid) & Prolactin level
-FSH, LH level
-Skull X Ray
NB. MCCQ 2001 (GY 11) we normally do the others in the same order as it is ..
140. F. 21 years , with 2 months history of fibroid mass, asymptomatic. Management ?
-Reassess after one year
141. What is the most common source of mercury poisoning in Canada ? & who are the most exposed group of people in Canada ?
-Fish - (native Indians)
142. Which of the following you should not notify the police about ?
-None of the above
143. You do a stress test ECG for a Pt. All are significant EXCEPT :
-ST decreased by more than 2 mm
-ST increased (upward slopping)
-Decreased in BP by more than 50 mmHg.
144. All are true with post infectious GN. Except :
-Normal C3 , C4
-Proteinuria is more than 2 gm.
145. M. 65 years , present with low back pain anemia & hypocalcemia. What will you do to confirm the diagnosis ?
-Bone marrow aspiration
146. HIV Pt. With fever & weight loss , he may have all of the following EXCEPT :
147. F. 35 years with ataxia, weakness of the Lt. Side of body , dysphagia & visual trouble . PE reveals diplopia & nystagmus. What is the Diagnosis. ?
148. What is the most common complication of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis:
149. M. Brought to u by police, for assaulting a 12 years old boy. When asked his name by the police , he said that he don’t know , & when u ask him how many legs does the horse have , he said 5 . What is the diagnosis ?
150. In which pathology you have gloves & stocking anesthesia ?
151. M. With bipolar disorder came with agitation & aggressive behavior. Best treatment ?
-Lithium & Antipsychotics
152. All are seen in DT. Except :
153. Best prophylaxis for a Canadian traveling to a Malaria area with no resistant train is :
154. Pt. Diagnosed with dysthymia what is the best treatment :
155. In cardiac arrest due to Ventricular Fibrillation , what is true ?
-NaHCO3 should be given every 5-10 minutes unless blood gas are known
-Lignocaine must be given
-DC cardioversion first
156. Dyspepsia, all are helpful EXCEPT:
-Elevate bed head
157. Asthmatic Pt. On steroids , has to go for operation for perforated duodenal ulcer . What will u do ?
-100-200 mg Hydrocortisone IV before the surgery
-Beta-agonist inhalor before the surgery
158. Chinese restaurant food poisoning. All are true EXCEPT :
-Symptoms within 1\2 h.
-Resolves after 24 h
-Symptoms of ashma + ataxia + dyspnea
NB. Monosodium glutamate is the cause of this syndrome (its a pharmacological but not allergic reaction. Dose related symptom of burning sensation throughout the body, facial pressure, anxiety & chest pain)
159. RA. Pt. On aspirin present with a normocytic normochromic anemia . All are true except:
-Respond to treatment with B.12
-Feritine maybe Increased
-Decreased serum Iron
-Normal total Iron binding capacity
160. What is the most common cause of congenital heart failure in NB.
-Tetralogy of Fallot
161. A nurse with hypoglycemia & decreased C-peptide. What to do ?
-Refer to Psychiatrist
162. All are feature of TSS Except :
-Pustular skin lesion
163. All are feature of KAWASAKI disease EXCEPT:
-Fever for 5 days
-Fissure of lip
164. Variable deceleration commonly seen in :
165. All increase the level of carbamazepin EXCEPT :
166. M. Present with Rt. Side horner’s syndrome & contralateral loss of sensation of the body. Where is the site of the lesion ?
167. Pt. With hypokalemia . All true EXCEPT :
-Polyuria & polydepsia
168. All are live attenuated vaccine except :
-Vaccine of yellow fever
169. How often do u give a booster in people previously adequately immunized against tetanus :
-Every 10 years
170. All are included in the routine immunization EXCEPT:
171. Heamophilus Influenza contact, prophylaxis is :
172. Pregnant , 8 wks, came into contact with a boy suspected of having Rubella infection . Management ?
-Give Rubella IgG.
-Do antibody titre in the pregnant lady
173. Farmer came with a nail in his foot & temp. of 38.2 . Management :
-Tetanus toxoids + antititanus Ig. + antibiotic
174. F. Young present with Meanorrhagea. Commonest cause is :
-Deficient luteal phase
-Short secretory phase
-Prolonged secretotey phase
NB. Anovulation is the best answer if there.
175. Postmenopausal lady with MI. & she is an active smoker. She does not want to stop smoking. She is on Hormonal Replacement Therapy. What advice do u give ?
-Stop Estrogen & start exercise
176. Post-Op continued to bleed despite 10 units of packed RBC. Transfusion. What is the cause ?
177. RA. Pt. On ASA. Developed ITP . What is the treatment ?
178. Pt. Developed excessive menstrual bleeding & purpura . All the following lab. Finding are expected EXCEPT:
-Prolonged bleeding time
179. Bartholinitis abscess. What is the treatment ?
NB. I & D is a good answer as well.
180. Pt. With lymphadenopathy & splenomegaly & raised WBC . What is the confirmatorey test ?
-Bone marrow aspiration
NB. Leukemia case
181. Pt. With bilateral hilar lymphadenopathy with micronodular infiltrates. All can give this feature EXCEPT ?
-Transbrbronchial bronchogenic carcinoma
182. Pt. With painful bluish mass protruding from the anus. Diagnosis. ?
-Prolapsed anal piles
-Thrombosed external piles
183. All can Cause Pruritis ani EXCEPT:
184. F. 24 years with (+ve) preg test , present with 2 days vaginal bleeding, US shows 3 cm mass in the Lt. Adnexa & empty uterus, pregnant Sympt & signs of preg has disapeared & the cervix is closed. Diagnosis. ?
-Complete abortion + luteal cyst.
NB. u consider ectopic pregnancy until otherwise proven.
185. Indication of C-section in breech presentation is:
186. Prevalence definition: total number of cases in a population at a given time.
187. Crude birth rate = ------------------------------- x 1000
Total medial population
188. The tree of autosomal dominant transmission
189. F. Consult you because of a possibility of her offsprings (kids) having Huntington’s Chorea. Her father is affected. Her husband family don’t have this disease What is the possibility that her children will develop the disease ?
190. F. With pregnancy like symptoms, US shows grape like masses in the uterus. All true EXCEPT:
-Bilat. Ovarian cyst
-Hypothyroidism, coma, preorbital myxedema
191. All have risk factor to develop preeclampsia:
-History of preeclampsia
192. Pregnant Pt. 20 weeks The uterus size is 25 cm. All true EXCEPT:
-Wrong estimation of gestational age
-Bilat. Renal dysgenesis
193. Old lady with ankle edema at the right medial malleulus, with superficial ulcer & surrounding scar. Diagnosis. ?
-Venus valvular insufficiency
194. Preg. Lady with known fibroid, complaining from abdominal pain
195. M. 16 years old complain from loss of weight, he is passing bloody diarrhea, Investigation show normal upper indoscopy & segmoidoscopy. What to do next ?
-Upper GI series
196. Child 4 years old, presented with post. Mediastinal tumor. What is the commonest germ cell tumor ?
197. PT. With fat malabsorption, passing floating stools + loss of weight & easy bruising. Diagnosis. ?
-Glutane antheropathy (celiac disease)
-Repeated episode of pancreatitis
198. Pt. With DKA. All occur EXCEPT:
NB. Merck 1999 (p.178) in DKA. serum amylase typically elevated while K is Increased or normal
199. F. Pt. On Insulin therapy, she has a baby. You will suggest her the following about Insulin Except:
-Hold insulin until the baby start eating
NB. (always Insulin & Heparin are SAFE during pregnancy & lactation)
200. Best site to obtain smear for Gonorrhea in a woman is:
-Cervix (mouth of the wound)
201. Which stage of sexual excitement according to Tonom criteria when the female is having clitoral erection, increased vaginal secretion, nipple erection ?
202. F. With difficulty caring shopping bag, weak abduction of the thumb + minor wasting of the thumb (minor thenar atrophy) Diagnosis. ?
-Carpal tunnel syndrome
203. Radial nerve injury at the level of the head of Radius. What will u find ?
NB. Merck 1999 (p.1493) The Saturday night palsy is another name for the Radial nerve palsy.
204. Which of the following is a sexual desire abnormality
-Does not imagine sexual fantasies
-No sexual activity for more than 2 wks
-Nervous about sexual act
-Try to avoid partner contact
205. Transvestitism disorder, all true EXCEPT
-Dressing clothes of other sex for sexual excitement
-More common in male
-They are female
206. All are known to cause depression EXCEPT:
NB. The drugs which cause depression are : Anti-HT, Anti-Parkinsonian, Hormones, Steroids, Anti-TB, Anti-Neoplastic
207. Pt. Brought to u mute & inaccessible to examination. Diagnosis.
?-Catatonia MCCQ PS6 (2001).
208. M. 35 years Found in the street wandering, he doesn't know his name, talk to him self. All are possible etiology EXCEPT:
209. Girl came with midline neck cyst, which moves while protruding the tongue (with swallowing). Diagnosis.
-Thyroglossal duct cyst
210. All are routine investigation for an old lady with urinary incontinence EXCEPT:
-Direct visualization of incontinence when Pt. with full bladder while coughing
211. Definitive test for chronic pancreatitis is-CT -ERCP-MRI
212. Pt. With pruritis & progressive jaundice, with increased ALP. & total bilirubine. What is the next investigation u do ?
-PTC (percutaneous tranhepatic cholangiography).
Always start with the less invasive investigation.
213. In Necrotizing Enterocolitis. All feature exists EXCEPT:
-Pneumatosis Intestinalis (X Ray)
-Portal venous gas (X Ray)
-Pneumo peritonium (X Ray)
214. What is the commonest cause of non scarring alopecia on a young girl ?
215. During insertion of IUD. The Pt. Develop hypotension. What will u do ?
-Elevation of the legs
216. IUD. Tread seen dangling outside the cervical os during an examination of a pregnant Pt. What will happen if removed
-Normal pregnancy 55%
217. Pt. In the ER. With fracture of the femur , develop sudden hypotention. What is the cause ?
218. Verapamile given IV for treatment of SVT. The Pt. Develop hypotention. What will u do?
-Defibrillation (elictrical cardioversion)
219. Pt. With psychostimulant intoxication. What is the best management. When the Pt. Will be discharged ?
-Daily follow up in support group
220. All occur in DT. EXCEPT:-Tremor-Visual hallucination-Delusion -Psychomotor activity
221. About contact dermatitis. All true EXCEPT:
-Mostly with plant exposure
-Systemic steroids could be used-Local steroids are not useful
-Skin test is useful
222. All can cause inverted uterus EXCEPT:
-IV oxytocin stimulation
-Atonic uterus-Pressure on soft fundus
-Pull cord forcefully
223. Who is responsible for the ultimate (standard) health care quality ?
-Bord of directors -Staff -Chief physician
-Chief of staff
224. What is the rule of Royal collage of Canada ?
-Credentialing body (certification of specialist)
225. Pregnant Pt. With bicornuate uterus. What is the likely outcome of pregnant ?
-Normal pregnancy outcome
226. Pt. With plasmodium vivax malaria, treated & recurrence. Most likely cause ?
-No Eradication of liver forms
227. The best screening for hyperaldosteronism in HT. (conn diseaseis):
-Serum renin activity levelNB.
Renin will be increased in secondary & decreased in primary
228. ASA use + alcohol abuse over weekend, the pt. Developed GI bleeding. Gastroscopy shows multiple areas of erosions. All can be done EXCEPT:
229. F. Pt with (+ve) ANA, presented with ankle edema & arthralgia, protein + in urine. Diagnosis. ?
230. Diagnosis. Of Condyloma Acuminata in pregnancy. You give all EXCEPT:
231. Elderly Pt. : Prefer to sit home & to be visited by relatives.
232. In Wolf Parkinson White syndrome : shortening of PR interval & Delta wave.
233. Child complain of headache, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting then he sleeps. Diagnosis. ? -Abd. Migraine
234. Vit. K. Deficiency in new born will result into :-Increased PT. & PTT.NB. Vit. K. (Menadione) Toxicity will present with hemolytic anemia & kernikterus235. Which one of the following affect the outcome & feature planning of Canadian health program ?-Accident-Age
236. Post-partum psychosis EXCEPT:-Can cause residual effect
237. Best treatment for shigellosis is:-Septrim (cotrimoxazol)
238. Photo of down's syndrome baby. What will confirm the diagnosis ?-Kariotypes -Total blood count
239. Epileptic Pregnant Pt. Controlled on phenitoin asked for your advice about continuing the drug which she use ?-the benefit of risk out weight of it's teratogenicity (To continue using it)
240. Best screening test for hypothyroidisim :-TSH
241. Man had fighting problem at work. Now he complains from back pain. PE shows no pathological finding but the man is depressed & obsessed with it. Diagnosis. ?-Malingering -Hypochodriasis-Somatoform pain disorder
242. Charming manipulative does not learn from experience with lack of remorse (guilt). What PD is it:
-Border line PD
-Histrionic-Narcissistic NB. The key is lack of remorse (guilt).
243. What is hypochondriasis ?-Its a belief of having chronic disease despite good reassurance
NB. The Pt. is stable & has no social problem & he will visit many doctors for the same problem, he recognizes that his reaction is exaggerated 244. Mother brought her baby to u , he is non sensitive to other feelings , having problem with learning & speech. Diagnosis. ?
-Specific learning disorder
245. ADHD. What is true ?
-Persistent to adulthood
-Increase criminal rate
246. Which are associated with highest risk of sudden death:
-Multiple Ventricular Arrhythmia on 24 h. Holter monitor-Ejection fraction less than 20 %
-Family history of sudden death
-Atrial fibrilation on aprevious AMI
-Severe narrowing of more than 1 coronary art.
247. Regarding suicide all are increased risk of successful attempt EXCEPT:
-Lonely white old man
248. Most imp. Dietary modification of middle aged group is :
-Total calorie content
-Fiber diet-CHO content
249. In MS. All commonly occur EXCEPT:
250. Treatment or drug of choice for cyclothymia
251. In BN. All occur EXCEPT:-Dental caries
252. Stridor is present in all EXCEPT:
-Acute asthmatic attack
253. Pt. With diazepam withdrawal. Which one can't u give him ?
254. All are measure to avoid Botulinism, EXCEPT:
-Below freezing temperature
255. DVT in postpartum period lady. All can be given EXCEPT:
NB. We can use it to avoid the DVT & not after...
256. Which is true about mastitis ?
-Gram (-ve) commonest
-I&D is the treatment
-Associated with lactation
257. What is the commonest cause of pseudomembranous colitis ?
-Clostridium dificile toxin
258. Relation between asbestosis & smoking is called :
259. Defense mechanism in phobia is :
260. Defense mechanism is border line PD. is :
261. Rt. Handed lady complains of feeling of being dissociated from environment, expressive dysphasia & automatism. Where is the lesion ?
262. Boy fell doun from a tree, he started abdominal Pain & heamturia. What will be your next investigation ?
263. Lady complains from bilateral abdominal Lower Quadrant pain with tenderness after the end of cycle by 2-3 days. What is the diagnosis ?
264. What is the commonest cause of intestinal obstruction in males over 65 years. ?
265. Child swallow a 2.5 cm screw, X Ray shows it in the upper quadrant region. What will be the management. ?
-Reassure & follow up Xrays after few days
266. Premature rupture of membrane associated with all EXCEPT:
267. Gonorrhea treated with spectinomicin , after there is recurrence of symptoms. What is the diagnosis & what will be the management. ?
-Chlamydia & give tetracycline
268. What is the diagnostic test for myasthenia gravis ?
269. What is the diagnostic test for cushing syndrome ?
-DST (dexamethasone supression test)
270. Hypertensive Pt. PE. shows bilateral Femoral bruits. Diagnosis. ?
271. F. Pt. Complains from severe headache, shoulder pain & bilateral Wrist weakness. Diagnosis. ?
272. Maximum time fro primary syphilis to be seen after sexual contact is :
273. All are features of sexual arousal EXCEPT:
274. Pt. Has lower limb lymphedema following pelvic radiotherapy. What is your management. ?
-ASA regularly + diuretics occasionally
-Compression stocking + raising leg at bed time
275. Child with bilateral Burns of his lower limb, his mother said that crawling near the heater. What is the diagnosis ?
-Shaken baby syndrome
276. Pt. With history of HT. & DM. , get acute MI. & died due to cardiac arrest. In writing the death certificate, what is the immediate cause of death. ?
277. Pt. Complains of painful swelling on the face with fever & malaise. PE: erythematous swelling on the cheeks & nose. What do u expect to find on examination ?
-Vesicles on the ipsilateral ear
-Well demarcated sharp margin
NB. The diagnosis is Erysipelas
278. A woman came to your clinic claming that she is seeing creatures form the space, trying to kill her. Her husband denies the story. She was uncooperative. What should you do ?
-Admit & start antipsychotic treatment
-Send her home, ask husband to put her treatment in coffee & give it to her
NB. Diagnosis. is schizophrenia
279. Thiazide diuretics are the first choice for:
-HT alcoholic with malnutrition
-HT + DM
-HT + gout
-HT in elderly Pt.
-HT + LVF
280. Young F. Pt. with acne on face. PE: open & closed comedones + 2 papules on chin. What is the treatment ?
NB. Diagnosis. Is Acne vulgaris
281. Child present with severe dehydration with hypotension, investigation shows:
Na 120 mmol.\L.
K 3.0 mmol\L.
You decided to rehydrate orally. What will you give ?
-20 ml. Na 50% + K 10%
-50% normal saline + glucose 50% + 20 mmol KCl.
-5% sugar in water
282. M. 25 years. Histoty of diarrhea for 15 days, he has lost 5 kg., barium enema & rectosigmoidoscopey were normal. What is your next management. ?
-Plain abdominal X Ray
-Upper GI series
283. What is true Regarding smoking restriction in public places?
-Decreases the incidence of chronic respiratory disease
-Decreases the incidence of allergic respiratory disease
-Decreases the incidence of cardio vascular disease
-Shortens hospital stay
284. Regarding conversion disorder. All are true EXCEPT:
-La belle indifference
-Involuntary character of the syndrome
-Can cause social or professional hindrance
-Can be induced voluntarily
285. A new vaccine against measles is being evaluated. The following results of one full year of study :
Diseased Healthy Total % age
nonvaccinated 137 --------- 378 36.30
Vaccinated less 1 yr 51 --------- 266 17.28
Vaccinated more 1 yr ----- --------- 408 --------
What is the Vaccine efficacy for the vaccinated before one year
- 0.6 %
NB. The efficacy = incidence of non-vac - vac
286. In a small town. The incidence of disease A is (iA) 8\1000 . The disease B not related to disease A has an incidence of (iB) 12\1000 . What is the probability that the Pt will have both of the disease In the same time ?
-iA + iB
-iA X iB
-(iA + iB) \ 1 - (iA + iB)
-(iA + iB) \ 2
-(iA + iB) \ (iA - iB)
287. The following disease are more frequent in poor than in rich Canadians EXCEPT:
-Coronary art. disease
288. The mother of a 12 years old child has to be admitted to the hospital for 2 wks. The boy present with loss of appetite, he remains in his bedroom & has insomia, his stool frequency is reduced. PE: soft abdominal & all the rest of the exam is normal. Diagnosis. ?
289. Child 10 years with pyrexia & JRA (still's disease) What is the most common complication?
-Knee & hip arthritis
290. Which of the following vaccine causes more side effect :
291. Of the following CA. Which one is caused by vinylchloride :
292. F. 37 years has problems at work for several months, she also has episodes of hyperactivity & euphoria. These were preceded by episodes of sadness & inability to cooperates with her colleagues inspite trying hard to do her best. Diagnosis. ?
293. A new test for CA Cervix allows better detection. Statistically all can be modified EXCEPT:
294. Propranolol can be used in all EXCEPT:
-Lithium induced tremor
295. Newborn 2 wks old brought by mother, she complains of decreased milk secretion. The baby weights 4.9 kg. The birth weight was 3.7 kg. This problem is particularly marked in the evening. What is the most appropriate treatment
-Prolactine 2 mg. Bid to the mother
-Supplement the baby with one spoon of solid food every evening
-Supplement with formula every evening
-Reassure the mother
-No breast feeding in the evening to allow more milk to the next morning
296. F. 17 years with severe menorrhagea. Investigation reveals Hb 8.0 gm\dL. Pulse 110 BP. 80\60. BhCG (-ve). Initial management. ?
297. Child with bronchospasm after hockey game. All can be given EXCEPT:
-Oxygen (facial mask)
298. Pt. 65 years with COPD treated with oxygen (FiO2 44%) present with the following test results:
PaO2 PaCO2 pH.
65% 35% 7.30
52% 48% 7.26
48% 52% 7.21
What is management. ?
-Increase FiO2 to 65%
299. The following are carcinogenic EXCEPT:
300. Child 18 m. Old with dyspnea. X Ray shows normal Rt. Lung, Lt. Lung distention. mediastinum deviated to the Rt. With translucent Lt. lung. Diagnosis. ?
-Congenital pulmonary aplasia
301. All are carcinogenic EXCEPT:
302. Which of the following radiation has the deepest penetration in human tissue:
303. Which is true regarding the side effects of radiation ?
-Microwaves cause superficial burns
-Laser radiation can cause retinal burns
-UV can cause Alopecia Areata
-Beta ray can cause Leukemia
-Delta ray are dangerous for the central grey nucleus
304. Characteristic of placebo effect. All true EXCEPT:
-Pt. Believes in treatment efficacy
-Its greater in IM than in PO.
-It decreases if used frequently because of dependence
-Naloxone effect shows that placebo effect occurs by inhibition by morphinic receptors
305. All are true about Turner syndrome EXCEPT:
-Coarctation of the Aorta
-Acne & micrognatia
-Low set hair
306. All are routinely done in infertility investigation EXCEPT:
-Post coital test
307. F. 74 years old admitted with urinary catheter, she has UTI. Urinanalysis shows 10 \ high power field. Culture shows sensitivity to nitrofurantoine, TMP\SMX, gentamycin, tetracyclin. PE: asymptomatic & no fever. What is your management. ?
-Nitrofurantoin 3 tab.\day for 20 days
-Gentamycin 2 injection IM. \ day for 10 days
-TMP\SMX 1 tab.\day for 14 days
-Doxycyclin 4 tab.\day for 10 days
308. In which case occupational deafness is mostly suspected
-Unable to hear the bell sound at 3 m.
-Decreased in hearing high intensity voices
-Decreased peak at 4000 hertz on the audiogram
-Deafness at speaking voice
309. The difference between M. & F. Sexuality is:
-F. Have more inhibition
-F. Have more erogenous zone
-F. Orgasm is less intense
-F. Refractory period is shorter
-F. Orgasm is shorter
310. Picture of old F. With temporal arthritis asking about which is common in these Pt. :
311. Picture of a lady with goittrons papules & proximal muscle weakness. Diagnosis. ?
-Mixed Connective Tissue disease
312. Picture of a lady genitalia showing vesicles around vulva. Diagnosis. ?
-Herpes simplex genitalia
313 picture of clubbing. Which is not causing it ?
314. A child with fever , irritability & drooling. PE: there are numerous small ulcers on tongue + ant. Cervical Lymph node enlargement :
-Herpes simplex stomatitis
315. Pt. With schizophrenia & on treatment. With akathisia (he cant sit still) What is the best treatment is ?
316. Which of the following drugs is the safest is Pt. With depression & heart problem ?
317. Pt. With fatigue & no pleasure & decrease sleep. Diagnosis. ?
318. Pt with DM. & HT. On propranolol, complains of progressive impotence & he didn't have sexual intercourse with his wife for more than 6 months He came to u with his wife, she told u privately that he has morning erection specially when he see adult magazine. What is your reaction ?
-Do night tumescence test (REM test)
-Impotence due to DM. (vascular problem)
319. Best treatment for DT.
323. Pregnant during delivery (full term), cephalic-occiputoposterior, head of the baby at station (-1) Pt. Is exhausted & takes long time in 2nd stage of labor. What is your management.
324. Pt with retain placenta. All are associated EXCEPT:
-Purpura around umbilicus
325. Child with microcytic anemia with Nausea, vomiting, anorexea & costipation also has sleep disturbances & irritability. Diagnosis. ?
-Vit. A poisoning
326. Most common source of silicosis exposure in Canada is:
-High consentration of Gases
327. Which of the following is the most common trigger of Asthma in children ?
328. What is the mode of transmission of Hydrocephalus ?
329. The most Common cause of non reactive NST (non stress test) is :
330. Commonest cause of hirsutism in reproductive age group:
-Polycystic Ovary disease
-Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
331. Ediopathic heamaturia with no other abnormality. Management ?
-Follow up the Pt. After one year
332. Which of the following is true regarding Chromoglycate ?
-Contraindicated with steroids
-Necessary in acute attack of asthma
-Prevent binding of IgE with cells
-Prevents histamin from synthesized cells
333. M. 42 years with glucosuia, dark skin, palpable liver. Which will help u in the diagnosis ?
334. Which will increase day care load in the next decade ?
335. Which one is most suggestive of thyroid malignancy ?
-Solid cold nodules
-Cystic cold nodules
-Increased thyroxin level
-Increase TSH level
336. Young Pt. Came to u after electric shock due to falling down on subway. Burn was treated. ECG is normal. Management ?
-Send home if ECG is normal
-Keep monitoring the ECG for 24h.
-Cariad enzyme should be checked
-ECG must be monitored for three days
337. The most important cause of difference between M. & F. mortality rate is due to :
338. Lower abdominal pain with tender abdominal mass in the cole-de-sac. Diagnosis. ?
-TOA (tubo-ovarian abscess)
NB. Scenario is incomplete
339. F. 42 years hypothyroid Pt. with 8 month ammenorrhea asking u about osteoporosis. Your advice will be EXCEPT:
-Cyclical Est. & Prog.
-Continuos Est. & Progesterone
340. Pt. With chronic bronchitis and PaO2 of 60 mmHg. all are true EXCEPT:
-Continuos home O2 is not indicated
-Antibiotic prophylactics is helpful
-Bronchodilators can be used
-Corticosteroids may be useful
-Non of the above
341. Smoking withdrawl which of the following is the most common symptom:
342. Life expectancy is increased in canada due to:
-Decreased infant mortality rate
-Availability of Diagnosis and treatment
-Increased of socioeconmic status
343. The vaccine which is given to adults is:
-DT and Polio
344. Middle aged lady came to you complaining of not sleeping at night because she finished her diazepam tablets which she used to take before sleeping now her Family physician is away .What will be your action:
-Give her diazepam
345. Pt. With frost bit, best treatment is:
-Put hands in warm water 38-40 degrees for 30 min.
-Local antibiotics and debridments
346. Pt. Post M .I no more pain ,B P 90 over 60 mmhg , pulse is normal and regular.
Whats your management. ?
-Close observation in I C U
-Dopamin I V
-Dobutamin I V
347. Pt. Came to you with cercumferencial burn on Lt. Forearm, complain of pain. PE: no radial pulsation. Best treatment is:
348. Mitral stenosis question: loud 1st heart sound, mid diastolic murmur at the apex, parasternal heave.
349. Young female presented with visual impairment in one eye which improve, in neck flexion an electric like shock is felt at the back & upper limb. Diagnosis. ?
-GBS (Guillain-Barre syndrome)
NB. The electric shock is called : Lhermitte's sign
350. Pt. Present with enlarged LN. In cervical inguinal & axillary regions, night sweat, fever & weight loss. X Ray shows widen mediastinum. Diagnosis. ?
-NHL (Non Hodgkin Lymphoma)
-IMN (Infec. Mono. N)
351. Typical case of large cervical LN. What will be your next step?
352. Old hypertensive lady with DM. What is the best treatment ?
NB. MCCQE FM 14. (2001)
353. F. With breast CA. complains of dyspnea & fatigue. PE: shows pulsus paradoxus. C-X ray shows large globular heart. Diagnosis. ?
354. Pt. with VonWillebrand disease Type I. Which is true ?
-Prolonged bleeding time
355. Pt. on platelet transfusion developed anaphylaxis. What is the initial management. ?
356. Pt. in ICU post MI developed bradycardia, pulse at 32 \ min. What is the best management. ?
357. M. 72 years present with one year history of heamoptysis. X Ray shows infiltration of the lung. Diagnosis. ?
-Recurrent Pulmonary Embolism
358. What is the drug of choice of mycoplasma pneumonia ?
359. Typical case of heamolytic anemia. What is the most characteristic finding ?
NB. findings Other than Reticulocytosis are:
Increased unconjugated bilirubine
Increased urine bilinogen
360. Pt with history of alcohol intake present with icteric sclera, Bad mouth smell (fetor hepaticus). Diagnosis. ?
361. Pt. With history of unilat. Loss of vision in the Lt. Side which completely recovered within 5 min. What is the most likely association ?
-Lt. Internal Carotid Art. Stenosis
NB. The Diagnosis is Amaurosis fugax
362. Which is false ?
-Cefazoline & Bacteroides
-Gentamicin & E-coli
-Metronidazol & Bacteroides
-Vancomycin & C. difficile
363. Young lady with anorexia, generalized fatigability, weight loss & intermittent fever for 2 wks. PE: multiple splinter heamorragea are noted on the finger nails. The most imp. Next spet is:
-Urine C & S
NB. Diagnosis is Subacute Endocarditis
364. A group of doctors preparing the EE. Develop nausea , vomiting, diarrhea, few hours after having lunch at a restaurant. The symptoms subside after 24h. Most likely cause is :
-E-coli FP (food poisoning)
365. Obese Pt. With heart burn, progressive difficulty of swallowing & Epigastric pain which gets worse more in recumbency. Diagnosis. ?
-Hiatus hernia & reflux esophagitis with stricture
366. F. Pt. With history of anorexia, weight loss, vomiting, diarrhea. BP show postural hypotension, Na 130, K 5.8 , what is the best initial investigation ?
-Measurment of ACTH in plasma in the morning
-ACTH stimulation test
-Abd. CT for adrenal
-Water deprivation test
NB. A case of Addison's dis (adrenocortical insufficiency).
367. Typical case of hepatic encephalopathy. What is the LEAST effective in the initial management. ?
-Look for signs of GI bleeding
-Take history of drug from relatives
-Look for signs of infection
368. Typical case of migraine. What is the most likely visual symptoms ?
-Scintillating scotoma (the cotton like scotoma)
369. All are sexually transmitted EXCEPT:
370. All are transmitted feco-oraly EXCEPT:
NB. Kissing disease (EBV)
371. Typical case of irritable bowel syndrome. All are true EXCEPT:
372. Young F. With supraventricular tachycardia. Complain of chest pain, palpitation & fainting. The best initial management. is :
-Increase vagal tone
373. A nurse injured by a needle of a pt. Who is HBV (+ve) & HIV (-ve) . management.?
-Give HB. Ig. Now & HB. Vaccine after 2 wks.
-Give HB. Ig. & HB. Vaccine now
374. G2 P2 with history of lower segment C-section because of footling breech. During labor she present a sudden profuse gush of bright red blood. The fetal head is engaged. Diagnosis. ?
375. All are complication of copper IUD EXCEPT:
376. Young pregnant Pt. Diagnosed to have placenta previa at 20 wks. Where the placenta covers the internal os completely. What advise do u give ?
-Avoid sexual intercourse
-Reassesment US at 28 wks
-Inform the Pt. That she needs a C-section at delivery time.
377. Increase FSH is associated with all of the following EXCEPT:
-Bilat. Dermoid cyst
-Post radiation to the pelvis
378. Which is responsible for decrease Oxygen delivery to the fetus during uterine contraction ?
-Decrease art. Supply to the intervillous space
-Decrease uterine venous outflow during contraction
379. The most common indication for amniocentesis is :
-Maternal age is more than 35 years
-Past history of down syndrome
-Past history with baby with NTD
380. Pt. With amenorhea, She was using BCP. Which is helpful test to check the endometrial function ?
-Progesterone challenge test
381. Young lady in labor, PV shows cervical dilatation of 3 cm. partially effaced cervix, uterine contraction every 5-10 min. & lasting 20-30 sec. What is true ?
-This is an active phase
-This is a latent phase
-Active phase arrest
382. Pregnant Pt. Did not feel the fetal movement for the last 2 days. PE: no heart sound could be heard. What is the next step to do ?
-Non stress test
383. Primigravida in labor. All can be given EXCEPT:
NB. You can give it only in early stage of labor
384. Pt. 20 wks Pregnant with fibroid present with abdominal Pain. PE: tenderness of the lower abdominal Best management. ?
-Analgesia & reassurance
NB. Red degeneration of fibroid.
385. All are risk factors for IUGR EXCEPT:
-Absence of weight gain by the mother
-Fetal weight 2000 gm at 32 wks
386. Pt. 38 wks pregnant Presented with history of clear watery vaginal discharge 2 hours ago. Management ?
-Sterile speculum examination & take swab for C & S (culture & sensitivity)
387. Young girl after brake up of her relationship took 18 tab. of lorazepam, she only complains of dizziness & drowsiness. After 6 h. of observation she is well, feel remorse & want to be discharged. Management ?
-Discharge her & follow up as out pt.
-Futher 24 h. observation
-Call her boyfriend
388. Young girl found in coma in the street. PE: constricted pupils (pin point) & multiple marks of IV injection. Most likely cause is :
389. Case of drug over dose with fever, tachycardia, dilated pupils & BP: 220\110. Most likely cause is:
390. Psychic structure that relate desire to external environment is :
NB. To be checked ...
391. All are true regarding OCD. EXCEPT:
NB. Dystonic = OC Disorder.
Syntonic = OC Personality.
392. Which is true regarding Alzheimer's disease ?
-Apraxia, agnosia, dysphasia
-More common in male
NB. Alzheimer's F. are more than M. & its not with sudden onset
393. Which of the following cause drug induced dementia ?
394. Psychotherapy superior to medication in
-Drug induced delirium
395. Which is true regarding suicide in adolescent ?
-More common in summer
-Attempt to suicide is more common in F. Than in M.
-More common in F.
396. Child 9 years old studing in kindergarten, is unable to read, write or even to color a picture. He becomes happy when he answers simple questions. What is your diagnosis ?
-Specific learning disability
397. What is the best management. of school phobia ?
-Force him to go to school
-Keep him at home until he miss his friends in school
-Give him anxiolytics
398. Which is regarded as an arousal symptom of PTSD:
-Feeling of detachment
399. Pt. With multiple trauma came to hospital shocked but he is agitated & violent. Management Regarding treatment ?
-Wait until he becomes more shocked
-Sedate him & treat
-Treat him immediately even if you may physically restrain him
400. M. 33 years present with sudden onset of mood & memory changes, mute.on admission he developed convulsions. Diagnosis. ?
-AIDS Dementia complex
401. The most imp. Cause of increased complications of measles in developed countries is :
402. Study has been done between risk factor & a disease, Ods ratio was 2.3. what is true ?
-There is significant association between risk factor & disease.
-The disease is 2.3 times more in those having risk factor
403. Which is the most practical measure to reduce occupational deafness ?
-The usage of daily prophylactic ear plugs during duty
-Measuring the noise frequency
-Usage of ear protection
404. All are true regarding incidence EXCEPT:
-Take only the new case in consideration
-Estimate the risk of acquiring the disease In community
-Useful measure of disease Problem in community
-Useful for both acute & chronic disease
405. Which of the following is true regarding non Ionizing radiation ?
-Can cause Chronic bronchitis
-Can cause Loss of vision
-Can cause cataract
406. Which is not true regarding O3 ?
-Increased around photocopy machine
-Can be harmful at ground level
-Its mainly due to incomplete combustion of fossil fuels
407. In placebo treatment . All are true EXCEPT:
-Response to placebo indicate that the cause is psychogenic
-Repeated use decreases its efficacy
-1\3 of those with organic causes respond to the placebo
408. All are true regarding the role of physician in trauma pt. EXCEPT:
-Assess the pt. Condition clinically
-Can determine the duration of treatment
-Estimate the compensation of the pt.
409. Information about mortality in Canada can be obtained from
-Public health center
-Out pt. clinic
410. Child 4 months old age. He must get his second vaccination. His mother is worried about the risk of fever. What is your advice ?
-Give antibiotic if temp. More than 39 C .
-ASA if temp. rises
-Give acetaminophen now & qid later .
-Call the doctor if temp. Rises more than 39 C
411. Baby 4 months of age. Microcytic hypochromic anemia. What is the
-Breast feed only
-His mother was taking erythromycin during pregnant
412. Child with microcytic hypochromic anemia. His mother blood film shows basophilic stippling & microcytic hypochromic anemia. Similar finding were found in the father. Next step ?
413. An African 4 years old child, with dark urine, treated for a respiratory tract infection by Septrim, present with jaundice & pallor. What is the diagnosis. ?
-Cycle cell anemia
414. A Chlid with ALL. Will present with all of the following EXCEPT:
415. Newborn 4 days old, with poor feeding, mottling skin, temp. 36.5, after stabilizing the baby, what is the next step ?
-ABG (art. blood gas)
416. Child with sever vomiting & diarrhea , became lethargic with sunken eyes, mottling skin, low BP, Increase pulse, Na 150 mmol ,what is your management. ?
-Plasma 10 cc\kg within 1st h.
-5% dextrose 20 cc\kg. Within 1st h.
-0.9 normal saline 20 cc\kg. Within 1st h.
417. Child with moderate to severe dehydration. Which of the following investigation helps in your management ?
418. Child with severe dehydration Na 170 mmol. What is the complication expected during your management. ?
NB: convulsions may happen due the rapid correction of hypernitremia. In hyponitremia cerebral edema may be developed due to rapid correction
419. All can cause abdominal Mass in neonate EXCEPT:
420. What is true regarding congenitla pyloric stenosis ?
-Commonly present at 3 months
-Associated with metabolic acidosis due to vomiting
-Visible peristalsis is seen in abdomen
421. Child with nephrotic syndrome presented with fever, abd. Pain & ascitis. What is your next step ?
422. A child presented with fever & small white lesion on the mucous memb. of the mouth followed by generalized macular papular rash. What is the manag. ?
Give ASA to decrease fever
Give gamma Ig.
Notify the public health unite
Isolation of the family member
NB: diag. Is Measles
423. Child 15 yrs present with BP. 155\90 mmHg. What is your manag. ?
Restrict salt in diet
Repeat measurement of BP at different times
424. How can you diag. A 2 yrs old child with an HIV (+ve) mother ?
425. Child 12 yrs present with constipation , decreased school performance & suppressed growth for the last 12 months. Diag. ?
426. Newborn 10 days developed unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia, he was born at term. & he is otherwise well. Diag. ?
Breast milk jaundice
427. Child present with sore throat, fever & diagnosed as Infectious mononucleosis. He was treated conservatively but he returned to u with a severe pain in the throat. Manag. ?
Give ampicciline for 10 days
Throat swab for C&S
428. Child 18 months old present with generalized convulsions for 20 minutes. He has history of UTI, no history of similar attack before. After he was given O2 what will be the appropriate step in the mana. ?
429. Preterm baby with feature suggest Iron def. Anemia. When will u give Iron supplement ?
3 months of age
5 months of age
4 wks of age
430. Child 9 yrs old with enuresis. Its usually associated with:
a part of generalized anxiety disorder.
431. How to differentiate between diverticulosis & proximal CA in narrowed segment of colon ?
-Colonoscopy & biopsy
432. Pt. Complains of constipation, abdominal pain & frequent diarrhea mainly in the morning & with NO other problems. Diag. ?
-IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
433. Pt. With pleural effusion on the Rt. Side with no apparent lesion. Manag. ?
-Thoracotomy & biopsy
434. Drug causing mania EXCEPT:
435. What is the most helpful sign in diagnosing inguinal hernia in children ?
-Thickening of the cord
-Wide external ring
-Bulging at the groin
436. Pt. Complain of headache, vomiting following Rt. Hemianopsia. Diag. ?
-Rt. Retinal art. stenosis
437. Liver cirrhosis pt. Comes with massive heamatemesis. What is the best next step ?
-Vit. K IV.
-Factor II , VII , IX , X
-Give packed (whole) blood transfusion
438. Which is not true in a pt. With mycoplasma pneumonia ?
-Fever , persistent hacking cough
-Headache, diarrhea & non exudative pharyngitis
-Associated with erythema multiformis
-Associated with bullous myringitis
-Can cause rapid progressive pneumonia with cyanosis
NB. Its the walking pneumonia in young man ...
439. Newborn pale, HR = 80\min. Respiration is Irregular & slow, flabby, lazy, & he is weak for irritability. What is the APGAR score ?
440. Pt. With syphilis & (+ve) VDRL 1:20 before. He receives penicillin for 2 months & the titer is 1:6 now. Which of the following is true ?
-Good response to treatment
-Decreasing in titer should be more faster
-Pt. Is immunosupressed
-Bacteria develop resistance to penicillin
441. Which of the following benefits from vasodilatation ?
442. Absolute contraindication of BCP. Is :
-History of Pulmonary embolism
443. Which is true regarding the diag. of brain death for organ transplantation ?
-Absence of all spinal reflex
-EEG completely for 48 h.
-Could be diagnosed clinically
444. Vit.D deficiency associated with all EXCEPT:
-High ALP (alkaline phosphatase)
445. Vietnamese Pt. Has 15 mm. (+ve) Mantoux test (Tuberculin test) & (-ve) cytology. Manag. ?
-Treat the pt. without regard to sputum cytology
-Repeat Mantoux test after 3 years
446. Treatment of pt. With dystonia is :
447. Newborn with small head, small palpebral fissure, small philtrium & small eyes & flattened meat facial area. Diag. ?
-Fetal alcohol synd.
448. 20 wks Pregnant with family history of Down synd. Which of the following should be done to rule out Down synd. ?
-Chorionic villous sampling
449. Which of the following is the treatment of choice of Rheumatic Fever ?
-Benzathine penicillin G (1.2 million IU) IM.
450. Sickle cell anemia with fever & severe abd. Pain. Manag. ?
-IV fluid, blood culture, antibiotics
-IV fluid, narcotic, blood culture
451. Pt. With bilat. Lower limb pain exaggerated by night, nocturia & no history of urine incontinence. Investigation reveals glucosuria. Diag. ?
-Massive cord compression
-Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
-Herniation of spinal disk
452. All are true regarding folate deficiency EXCEPT:
-MCV = 96
-Normal serum folate
NB: MCV has to be more than 100
We check the RBC folate & not the serum folate.
453. The company need to change the dipstick for detection of proteinuria because it was detecting it in low threshold (No. of false positive was high). Now it increases the threshold of the screening test to detect proteinuria. This will affect the test in terms of :
-Increased sensitivity & specificity
-Increased No. of FP.
-Increased No. of FN.
NB. Increasing the threshold will result in decreased sensitivity & increased specificity.
454. Best treatment for DM. type I is:
-Short acting insulin + NPH
-Short acting insulin + long acting insulin
-Utra acting insulin
-NPH + long acting insulin
NB. MCCQ E6. (2001)
456. Pt. Returned from vacation he is hypertensive on thiazide. He now complains of pain, swelling of Rt. Knee joint & fever. Best manag. Is ?
-Serum uric acid level
NB: thiazide may cause increase level of Uric acid which can cause the swelling of the joint
457. RA. Pt. on gold salt + hydrochloroquine develop proteinuria & ascitis. What is the cause of his condition ?
-Due to his chronic dis.
-Due to Gold salt
-Due to hydrochloroquine
458. Which is true regarding Acoustic neuroma ?
-Decrease bone conduction in the same side
-Increase bone conduction in the same side
-Increase bone conduction in the same side
459. In Rt. Serous otitis media, Webber will give :
-Decrease bone conduction in the Rt. Ear
-Decrease bone conduction in the Lt. Ear
-Increase bone conduction in the Rt. Ear
460. The most predisposing factor to HT. is :
461. Which is the least cause of HIV infection :
-Drug abuse (1999)
-Blood transfusion (1988)
462. Hypotonia, hypoglycemia, hepatosplenomegaly & poor feeding infant. Diag. ?
-Glycogen storage dis.
463. Pregnant 14 wks with hydatid mole. Best treatment is ?
-Dilatation suction curettage
464. Pt. Came with multiple trauma. Which will u treat 1st ?
-Skull fracture with visible brain
465. Pt. With multiple fracture in ICU. He developed dyspnea, increased CO2, decreased O2. Xray shows bilat. Infiltration (ARDS). Manag. ?
-Intubation & ventillation
466. In sexually abused Child. Which will be the most suggestive sign:
-Laceration on the labia
467. Pt. With breast CA underwent operative surgery & chemoradiotherapy, she developed pneumonia followed by death. What is the underlying cause of death?
468. What is the most dangerous complication of maxillary sinusitis ?
469. What is the treatment of Tourettes syndrome ?
-Cognitive behavioral therapy
470. Which is true regarding a childhood Schizophrenia ?
-Diagnostic criteria like adults
-Hallucinations & delirium are rare
471. Dysmenorrha in an 18 yrs old is mostly associated with:
-Normal pelvic exam
472. Retroverted uterus is mostly associated with
-Low back pain
473. All of the the following can be in the manag. hypercholestorelemia EXCEPT:
-Conservative for 4 to 6 months
NB. Withdrawn from the market in Canada in August 2001 due to increase risk of death with this Serevastatin.
474. Which of the following will be a good treatment for ovarian tumor according to its adequacy ?
475. Post-pelvic radiation pt with diarrhea. What is the most common cause ?
476. Hydronephrosis associated with all EXCEPT:
477. Which is associated with dysuria but no pus cells in urine ?
478. Which is not associated with occupational asthma ?
NB: polyvinyl chloride causes liver & brain CA.
479. Sexual abuse is associated with all of the following EXCEPT:
-Development of secondary sexual characteristics
-Most of assailants are known to the victim
-More common in F. Than in M.
-Specific or generalized fears, depression & night mares
480. Which is false regarding anencephaly in pregnancy:
-Sampling of umbilical art. Will not reveal the diag.
-4 mg. Folic acid is prophylactic
-Higher dose given for a pregnant who has history of anencephaly
-Amniocenthesis used in diag.
-Associated with high alpha fetal protein in mothers serum
NB: the correct dose should be (0.4 - 1 mg) in all pregnant women & we increase the dose to 4 mg if the pregnant has a history of NTD.
481. Which is contraindicated in the last trimester ?
NB: increased risk of kernicterus
482. What will be the effect of Diazepam taken by a breast feeding mother on -her child ?
-Intra ventricular hemorrhage
483. Which of the following is contraindicated on pertusis vaccine ?
-Encephalitis after the previous dose
-Upper respiratory tract infection with slight fever
484. Child with bloody Diarrhea with dehydration can be managed by all EXCEPT:
485. What is the complication caused by forceps delivery ?
486. Complications caused by Vaccum delivery is :
-All of the above
None of the above
487. Which is not true in IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Retardation) :
-Absence of weight gain
-Maternal short stature
-Low fundal height
488. A study reveal that 10 yrs experienced driver contributed to 60% of accident. 5 yrs experienced driver contribute to 30%. & those with 2 yrs contribute to 10%. The conclusion was that the more experienced driver are more careless in driving. This conclusion is not right because of :
-It's not measuring the incidence of accident
-It's not standardized to the age
-Because there is no control group
489. Study about the benefit of exercise in decreasing the risk of heart dis. Applied to a group of voluntaries in the factory with a control group of the rest of the factory. Follow up was regular. The check up shows lower rate of IHD. Ischemic Heart Dis. In exercising group (voluntaries). The conclusion that exercise protect against IHD. may be rejected because of:
-Only M. Were included
-Only one company was involved
-Some IHD may be silent
490. Differentiation between schizophrenia & mania:
-Flight of ideas
491. Which is false about Down syndrome ?
-Rocker Bottom Foot
-Upward standing palpebrale fissure
492. In 15 wks. Normal pregnancy u will find all EXCEPT:
-Fundal height midway between symphysis pubis and umbilicus
-Increased heart rate
493. Opiate abuse is commonly associated With:
-Perforation of nasal septum
494. Old pt. Abused by his wife complain to u, you will do all the following EXCEPT:
-Send the pt. To day care
-Frequent visit to house
495. Pt. Died after suffering from TB, what will you write in death certificate as cause of death ?
-Loss of weight
496. ADHD associated with all the following EXCEPT:
-Short attention span
-Interference with family & social functioning
497. Which of the following is contraindicated with tyramine rich food (cheese) ?
498. Which increases the risk of MI. ?
-History of father with MI
-History of smoking
-History of high animal fat diet
499. Pt. With chronic pain, can be treated with all EXCEPT:
500. Which of the following is most compatible with interstitial lung dis. ?
-Severe hypoxia on exercise (decreased PaO2)
-Increase CO2 & O2
501. What will be your next step on a pt. with normal breast at PE. & -Abnormal mammogram ?
-Biopsy guided by wires
-Repeat after one year
502. All are part of the normal vaginal flora EXCEPT:
503. Which is the most likely to be associated with Leukemia ?
504. Surveillance in medical worker for radiation hazard include all EXCEPT:
-Total body radiation count
505. All are true regarding aseptic meningitis EXCEPT:
-Normal blood sugar
-Slight protein increase
506. Dysplastic nevi associated more with:
507. Drainage of lymph in lower vulva:
-Internal iliac LN.
508. BCP reduces risk of which of the following ?
509. The most common complication of low dose of BCP is:
-Brake through bleeding
510. Pt stop her BCP & ask your advice for time of conceiving. What will u tell her ?
-Body tepm. Chart
-Pregnancy after 6 months
-Bleeding will occur within 28 days
-Try to conceive after she got the menstruation
511. Which is the best source of information for pt. With poisoning by a toxic substance ?
-Public health unit
-Environmental health protection unit
512. Which is true regarding urticaria ?
-In 80% of cases the cause is not apparent & It'll resolve spontaneously
513. Regarding smoking cessation. All are true EXCEPT:
-Decreased lung CA occurrence as other nonsmoking population by 2-3 years of cessation
-Improvement of claudication
514. Gun shot to the lower abdomen, pt. Is in shock with BP 70\30 what is your immediate management. ?
515. In cushing syndrome you find all EXCEPT:
-Striation of skin
516. Old pt. With history of head trauma, he has changes in behavior with frequent vomit & headache. U do All EXCEPT:
517. (Case of Invalid consent eg.) Taking consent from a premedicated pt. On the way to theater for some procedure.
518. Thiazide is best ro be given to old hypertensive pt. With :
519. Pt. With suprachondilar fracture with splint & he is in complete flexion. He develops ischemia. What will be the initial management. ?
-Remove splint & flex the arm
-Keep splint & extend the arm
-Remove the splint & extend the arm
-Angiogram of brachial art.
520. Pt. Who ate BBQ. Developed diarrhea. Blood count shows eosinophelia. The best investigation to be done to reach the diagnosis ?
521. Pregnant came with breech presentation at 39 wks. All other parameters are normal. Management ?
-Continue ANC (antenatal care)
-Normal vaginally delivery
522. Which is the most indicative of fatal distress:
-Base line heart rate at 115 beat\min
-Occasional late deceleration
523. Pt. On 100% O2 & ventilator.
PaO2 = 93%
What will be your management. ?
-Decrease O2 saturation
-Increase respiratory rate
-Increase tidal volume
524. Laryngeal polyp can be caused by all of the following EXCEPT:
525. A secretary complains of painful lesion 7.5 cm above the anus in the anal cleft. Diagnosis. ?
-Infected pilonidal sinus cyst
NB. MCCQ 2001 (GS26)
526. Pt. With sigmoid volvulus. Management ?
-Decompression by sigmoidoscope
-Hydrostatic barium enema
527. Pt. Present with dyspnea & fever 38.5 , 36h. Post-op. Diagnosis. ?
528. What is true regarding mastitis ?
-Usually treated by I&D
-Temp. Never more than 39
-Associated with supressed lactation
-Usually start 2-4 wks. Postpartum
529. Which of the thyroid CA. Has the best prognosis ?
530. Burned Pt. Presented unconscious to ER. PE: smoke in the mouth, black tongue, intact pharynx & he was NOT cyanotic. What do u expect to find ?
-Carboxyheamoglobine more than 35%
-PaCO2 = 56 mmHg.
NB. To be checked ...
531. Post-op pt. Present with hypotension & central venous pressure 16 cm H2O. Diagnosis. ?
532. All are true regarding thoracic dissecting aortic aneurysm EXCEPT:
-Severe chest pain
-Systolic murmur, when present, is of great significant
-Involvement of aortic arch may lead to stroke
-Asymmetrical peripheral pulses
533. Most common indication of cricothyroidotomy is:
-Multiple severe facial injury
-Fracture C5-C6 with dislocation
534. Anal skin tags in a child is commonly associated with:
-Chronic anal fissure
535. Lady 20 years presented with 3 cm mobile breast mass, it was increasing in size for the last 4 months. Diagnosis. ?
-Firocystic disease of the breast
536. F. pt. Presented with history of abdominal Pain , fever , vomiting , the pain shifted to the Rt. Lower quadrant. The pt. Improved after a conservative treatment. 10 days after he present with R. abdominal Mass. Diagnosis. ?
537. Which of the following is true regarding extraintestinal manifestation of an IBD of unknown origin ?
-Total colectomy result in relief of extraintestinal signs & symptoms
-Extraintestinal symptoms may precede gastrointestinal symptoms
-Arthritis usually involve small joints
-Arthritis are more cþ“@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ”@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ“@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ”@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ“@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ”@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ“@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ”@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ“@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ”@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ“@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ”@’÷¿ÿÿÿÿ¨ñþ“@
-Stop antihistamine 2-4 wks before
-Stop BCP 4-6 wks before
-Continue both drugs
NB: BCP will increase the risk of hypercoagulable state
541. What is Mallet finger ?
-Fixed flexion of DIP. With loss of active extension caused by rupture of the extensor tendon.
NB: MCCQ 2001 (PL9)
542. All the following occurs in intestinal obstruction EXCEPT:
-Increased bowel sounds
543. Post-op lady complain of red painful swelling, calf is free of pain. Diagnosis. ?
544. The most consistent finding in Fetal Alcohol Synd. is:
545. Young boy with abdominal Mass not moving with respiration. All can be diagnosed EXCEPT:
546. Cholostrom protects infection by:
547. Child have ingested 20 tablets of Iron. All can appear EXCEPT:
-Coma & death
-Cerebellar involvement is an early symptom
548. Pt. Present increased ALP (alkaline phosphatase) & normal Ca++ . Diagnosis. ?
-Pagets dis of the bone
549. All are irritant to mucus memb. EXCEPT:
550. In coarctation of the aorta we find all EXCEPT:
-Delayed radial femoral pulse
-Increase upper limb BP.
-Continues mumur in the chest
551. What is the most imp. risk factor for stroke ?
552. What population group is expected to increase in Canada next years ?
-Above 65 years.
553. The prevalence of a recessive gene is 1:40000. What is the prevalence of the disease In community ?
NB: square root of the 1:40000 = 1:200
554. What is the policy of Canada to decrease the health expenditure ?
-Advise the health professional to use the health resources
555. Pt. Presented with cardiac arrest. Which describes the best action ?
-IV lidocaine routinely given
-IV Adrenaline every 10 min.
-Chest compression will keep circulation for cerebral flow
-Atropine every 2 min.
556. F. Pt. Comlain of paralysis of the Rt. Side of body after divorce. What is your diagnosis ?
557. Nurse with repeated attack of hypoglycemia. Investigation reveal increased serum insulin but low serum C-peptide. Management ?
-GTT (glucose tolerance test)
558. Erb's palsy associated with
559. The maneuver of Flexion of the thighs against the hips is helpful in the delivery of:
560. The most common cause of late postpartum hemorrhage is
-Evacuation of vaginal hematoma
561. Lady after a prolonged labor she delivered a 4 kg. Neonate. She is not able to urinate. Diagnosis. ?
562. Postpartum lady present with failure to lactate, generalized weakness, you do all the following EXCEPT:
-FSH & LH
563. Individual % of infertility, what is the highest ?
564. Primigravida in labor, fetus at 0 station, cephalic presentation, occiputo-transverse, cervix 4 cm dilated for 6 h. Efficient uterine contractions every 5-10 min. lasting 10 sec. What is your diagnosis ?
-Normal latent phase
565. Propranolol is used in all EXCEPT:
-Aggressive violent disorder
566. The natural growth rate =
-Birth rate - immigration rate
-Birth rate - death rate + immigration
-Birth rate + immigration rate
567. While you are waiting for Culture & sensitivity test. What will you treat shigellosis with ?
568. Child with BP 150\90 mmHg. You suspect coarctation of Aorta. What is the most common finding ?
-Increase BP. In Rt. Upper limb than in the Lt. Upper limb
-Increase BP. In lower limb more than Upper limb
-Increase BP. In the Upper limb more than the lower
569. Pt. With DM. Presented with history of diarrhea. What is the most likely cause ?
570. Young single M. With history of dementia, ataxia & cognitive disorder. Diagnosis. ?
-AIDS related dementia
571. F. Came with history of fever 39 , abb. pain. PE: febrile, bilateral lower abdominal pain with Lt. side Mass tender. One week ago pt. was diagnosed with clamedia by culture & sensitivity. Whats your approach to treat her ?
-Out patien oral Doxycycline & IM. Ceftriaxone
-Inpatient oral Doxycycline & IV. Ceftriaxone
572. Pt. With repeated abortion. All are possible causes EXCEPT:
-Decreased lutheal phase
-Rupture heamorrhagic corpus luthium
573. Pt. came with an acute episode Lt. Renal colic, IVP shows Lt. Calculi at the ureter at the level of L.4 . There is small dye leak beyond the calculi, Lt. Kidney enlargement. Management ?
-Remove the stone by retrograde cystoscopy
574. Young man came with history of automobile accident, multiple anterior chest fracture and hoarseness , chest x-ray shows widened mediastinum, whats your immediate management?
-Support the anterior chest fracture
575. Schizophrenic Pt. on phenothiazine came with history of gremacing, purposeless movements of the limbs, Diagnosis. ?
-Tar dive Dyscanasia
-Neurolyptic Malignant Syndrome
576. A known Pt. With bipolar disorder brought to u with history of agitation , paranoid, delusion, and grandiosity . Whats your action ?
-Lithium and Antisycotic
577. Pt. Came to u after he divorced his wife, he has history of depressed mood, which of the following factors prompts you to start antidepressant ?
-History of divorcing before
-History of mother and sister treated with antidepressant
-History of alcohol
578. What is the commonest complication of DT. ?
579. All are true regarding Hantington disease EXCEPT:
Onset at mid 60's
Associated with depression
Association with dementia
NB. The normal age of onset is between 40's & 60's
580. In thyrotoxicosis all are true EXCEPT:
Change of appetite
581. The best time to amniosenthesis is:
582. F. Pt. 82 years, she has been on digoxin 25 mg & hydrochlorothiazide 50 mg daily for chronic congestive heart failure. Now she has increasing dyspnea. Lab finding:
Heamoglobin 12.5 gm\100 ml
BUN=18 mg\100 ml
C-X ray shows evidence of pulmonary congestion and ECG shows an atriel rate of 250\min, variable A-V block and a ventricular rate of 100\min. management. ?
-Continue digoxin & increase hydroclorothiazide to 50 mg\day
-Continue both the Digoxin and hydrochlorothizideand begin Furosenamid 40 mg daily.
-Stop Digoxin & Hydrochlorothiazid and begin potassium supplements
-Continue digoxin & stop hydrochlorothiazide & add K suplements
-Stop all drugs & immediatly carry on electrical rhythm reversion
583. Which of the following abnormalities is not true paradoxical:
-Paradoxical Splitting of the 2nd Heart sound
584. A child with known Juvenile polyposis. What will be the most likely complication ?
-None of the above
585. All are associated with oligohydramnios EXCEPT:
586. Neonate 1 month with pneumonia. What is the most likely causative agent ?
587. Pt. Present with convulsion after she has been on IV fluid for a long time. Investigation shows
What will be the best treatment ?
-Hypertonic saline + diuretics
NB: MCCQ 2001 (NP11)
588. You can do ALL Regarding shoulder dystocia EXCEPT:
-Flex the mothers leg
-Break the clavicle
-Rotate the shoulders
589. The most common complication in Epidural anasthesia is:
590. All are side effects of B agonists during preterm labor EXCEPT:
Acute Pulmonary Edema
-Increase of glycemia
-None of the above
591. Pt. Complains of pain in the LLQ. & fever. PE: slight abd tenderness. What do u do to confirm the diagnosis ?
NB: diagnosis Is diverticulitis
592. Known alcoholic arrived to ER with large bilious vomiting, then he vomited large amount of red blood & complains of pain. What is the most likely diagnosis ?
-Esophageal junction rupture
-Ruptured Esophageal varice
NB: (Mallory-Weiss tears)
593. After you insure vital function (ABC) what will be your initial step in the management. of a known alcoholic pt. brought in coma ?
-Vit. B1 (thiamine)
-Look for the subdural heamatoma
-Quick control of glycemia (finger prick)
594. What is the most imp. Side effect of CLOMIPHENE ?
-Stimulation of ovulation
-Treatment of anovulation
595. In all there is increased IgE. EXCEPT:
596. In Acute colicystitis what is the pathophysiology ?
-Bacterial invasion of gallbladder
-Obstruction of the common bile duct
-Obstruction of the cystic duct
-Obstruction of the common hepatic duct
597. With HPV infection you may find:
598. Study shows that specific mortality rate for stomach CA tends to decrease. What is the most likely explanation ?
599. All the following will help you to suspect menopause in a 57 years lady EXCEPT:
-Vaginal mucous atrophy
600. All are indications of chorion villous sampling EXCEPT:
601. All the following can cause bloody diarrhea EXCEPT:
-Giardia lamblia (Rocky M.)
602. Which germ is found in uncooked eggs ?
603. 32 years old lady with agitation, hyperthermia, palpitation , loss of weight
And sweating. What is the initial test to do ?
604. Postpartum Pt. Wishes to stop lactation for personal reasons , how will you prevent the pain resulting from breast engorgement?
-Apply bandage to protect clothes
-Medical treatment is useless most of the time
605. 45 years old male 3 months after car accident, presents with agitation, insomnia and nightmares. He is anxious and there is deterioration in the sexual relationship with his wife. Whats your diagnosis?
-Impaired intimacy with his wife
606. Female 60 years old with constipation for many months, she has not passed stools for the last 3 days. On examination the abdomen is distended but non tender. What is your management ?
-High fiber diet
607. Following a gun shot a Pt. Presents with a swollen right leg, distal pulse is weak, veins are distended. What is the likely cause?
-Unilateral vein thrombosis
-Femoral nerve injury
-Post traumatic superficial vein insufficiency
608. Female 60 years old on multiple drug treatment for breast cancer with bone metastasis. Lately she had severe pain and increased dose of opioid x 3,
now she presents with constipation ,lethargy ,and apathy. Whats the likely diagnosis?
609. Alpha Fetoprotein is increased in all of the following except?
610. Which test will help to objectively diagnose fetal heart beat at 16 weeks ?
-NST (non stress test)
611. Female 18 years old complaining of primary amenorrhoea, BhCG is negative .Which test will you do to diagnose an hypothalmopituatary disease?
-Prolactin and TSH
-CT of the sella tursica
-Provera challenge test
-FSH and LH
612. Regarding symmetrical Intrauterine growth restriction , what is the most likely cause?
-Maternal renal disease
613. Rheumatoid factor will be found in all of the following EXCEPT:
-RA & Juvenile RA
-None of the above
614. A child with hepatosplenomegaly and mental retardation, he has positive reducing substances in the urine ,Diagnosis?
-Von Gierke disease
615. Child 13 years old, obese with painful right knee and right hip, he is limping. On examination there is reduced abduction and internal rotation, diagnosis?
-Avascular necrosis of the femoral head
-Slipped femoral capital epiphysis
616. A known alcoholic man admitted in the E R with fever ,coughing off profuse and purulent sputum . On examination ronchi on the right lower lung, diagnosis ?
617. A lady with occasional severe attack of dyspnea with facial edema. On examination severe respiratory distress, red and inflamed pharynx. what is your management ?
-Adrenalin for out pt. usage
-Lateral x- Ray of larynx
-Epinephrine SC (subcutaneous)
618. A carpenter has difficulties holding things with hypoesthesic trouble of fingers of the the Rt. Hand. Which exam will help u to establish the diagnosis ?
-Xray of the cervical spine
-Xray of hand
-Examination of the rotator cuff
-Neurologic exam of the hand
619. F. 70 years present with muscle weakness with dysphagia & change of the skin color of the hand induced by cold weather, with telangiectasia. Diagnosis. ?
620. Asiatic man recently came as immigrant to Canada. He took chloroquine 4 wks & 2 days before his arrival (to treat his Malaria infection). 2 years later he develops fever of unknown origin. What is the most likely cause ?
-1st episode of malaria was not treated sufficiently
-The strain was resistant to treatment
-Remnant active schizontes in the liver
621. All the following are characteristics of a narcotic intoxication EXCEPT:
622. Pt. 3 days postpartum develops Endometritis. Which is not a finding in this case ?
-Low abdominal pain
-Uterus below symphysis
623. Newborn 3 wks. Hypotonic & totally constipated, his abdominal seems distended but not painful. Diagnosis. ?
624. What is the sign which allows you to make a difference between -ankylosing spondylitis & RA.
625. Child 9 years brought by his mother, present headache, nausea & vomiting. He feels tired & easily falls asleep. Diagnosis. ?
626. All are characteristics of Alzheimer’s disease EXCEPT:
-Aphasia, Apraxia, Agnosia
-Loss of acquisition of recent facts
-Loss of abstract thinking
-Loss of consciousness of his environment
-Loss of old imp. facts
627. All may cause epiglotitis in a child EXCEPT:
628. The most common cause of PP (precocious puberty) in a girl is:
-Von Reclinghausen disease
629. Which is the commonest cause of mortality in children aged 5 A 9 years in Canada ?
630. Comparing characteristics of Infectious mononucleosis in a child Vs. Adult, which of the following is true ?
-Its more severe in children
-Typical form is rare in children
-Immunization is better
-Dis. last longer
-Need to do throat culture & sensitivity
-Mono spot test is negative.
631. What will be the effect of increasing the prevalence of a disease for a screen test ?
-Increase in the sensitivity of the test
-Increase in the specificity of the test
-Increase in the PPV.
-Increase in the NPV.
-Increase in the sensitivity & PPV. of the test
632. Which is contraindicated for forceps delivery ?
-The presenting part at station -1
-3rd degree laceration
633. Pt. In labor after delivery of 1st twin has the other twin in vertex presentation & at station -1, memb. are ruptured. There is no contraction for 20 minutes. What will u do ?
634. F. Came from Greece complaining from fatigue & weakness, she is pale. Investigation shows
Hb.= 10 gm \ dl.
What are you going to do next to reach the diagnosis ?
-Bone marrow aspiration
-Serum iron level
-Trial treatment with B.12
635. Pt. 17 years with factitious disorder. All can be found EXCEPT:
-Family history of similar episode
-The pt. knows about medical treatment
-He wishes to attract attention on him
-He has a particular interest in medical profession
-Works in medical profession
636. Pt. 23 years with single thyroid nodule. What will make u suspect malignancy ?
-Cold nodule on thyroid scan
-Hot nodule on thyroid scan
-CT of the cervical spine
637. An infant present with inflamed pharynx & fever. He was treated with antibiotics. A week later he presents again with trismus. Diagnosis. ?
638. Why is chorionic vilous sampling not commonly done in Canada ?
-Doctors dont have enough experience
-Results are not reliable
-Because the prevalence of the diseases that it can detect is low
639. All can cause mania EXCEPT:
640. A 74 years old pt. With whitish asymptomatic urethral discharge. The investigation of the germ will reveal :
-Chronic prostatitis and gonococcal urethritis
-Non specific urethritis
641. What is the allowed amount of GNP (gross national product) to health in Canada ?
-4% A 8%
-8 % A 12 %
-12 % A 15 %
-16 % A 24 %
-25 % A 36 %
642. Hyperglycemic Pregnant Pt. with level 9.8 gm\L. after OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test) with 50 gm. Which of the following should not be done ?
-Administer B blocker
-Do a OGTT at 75 gm. at 2 h.
NB: screening with 50 gm OGTT :
# If blood glucose between 7.8 & 10.3 mmol\L then repeat with 2 hrs. 75 gm. OGTT
# If blood glucose more than 10.3 mmol\L then diagnosis of diabetes is made ...
# Oral hypoglycemics are contraindicated in pregnancy
643. Child 6 years old brought by his mother with fever and red throat, lips fissures ,cervical adenopathies and rash of extremities. You found a fine peeling at the hands, palms and soles of the feet. you will think of:
644. Child 12 months old adopted from eastern Europe. He presents with loss of weight and multiple adenopathies plus splenomegaly associated with skin lesion. What is the diagnosis?
-Infection with pneumocystis carinii
645. Form 1971 A 1992 life expectancy for men has increase from 68 A 73 years ,women 73-81 years. What is the most likely cause of these changes ?
-Better management of ischemic diseases
-Use of antibiotics
-Improvement of life style
-Generalization of health care
646. All the following are a part of diagnosing leukemia in children EXCEPT:
647. You can do all of the following investigations in a pregnant pt. Post term EXCEPT:
-U\S for examination of amniotic fluid
-Amniocentesis for dosage of alpha fetoprotein
-Non stress Test
648. F. 55 years old presents for 1 month memory trouble plus hallucination, agitation, hypotension, and hot flashes. She has visual trouble with pupils fixed in mydriasis, what is the most likely causative substance ?
649. Upon the lung cancers which one is the most sensitive to radiotherapy?
-Squamous cell carcinoma
-Small cell carcinoma
-Undifferentiated small cell carcinoma
650 which of the following is the main complication of dermoid ovarian cyst ?
651. Which of the following is a characteristic of a person with somatization trouble ?
-The person knows that he has psychological trouble
-Multiple somatization trouble
-Feeling of malformation
-Knows that his troubles are not true but he can’t avoid them
652. What’s the best criteria for estimating population health?
-Amount of money spent on health
-Ratio of physicians per habitant
-Number of hospitals
653. What is the best way to appreciate health care quality during pregnancy and delivery in Canada?
-Neonatal mortality rate
-Perinatal mortality rate
-Infant mortality rate
-Maternal mortality rate
654. Regarding child schizophrenia which is true ?
-Signs are identical to the adults
-Risk is 10 % if one of the parents has schizophrenia
-Pronostic is good if it appears early
-Complete presentation from the beginning
-Hallucinations are more frequent
655. A couple went for holiday in Mexico, they severe diarrhea. Diagnosis. ?
NB. The treatment of choice for traveler’s diarrhea caused by Enterotoxigenic E. Coli is : Cyprofloxacin.
656. Pt. 27 years. Known to have manic trouble for many years, he is brought to the ER. Agitated & Excited. What is the most appropriate treatment ?
657. All are part of KAWASAKI EXCEPT:
-Coronary heart disease
-Peeling of extremities
658. Pt. Presents with lumbar pain after lifting a heavy object. Lumber X Ray shows lesions at L5-S1 level. Waht will u find on examination ?
-Absent knee jerk reflex & paresis of gastrocnemius muscle
-Absent knee jerk reflex & achiles reflex & paresis of quadriceps
-Absent achiles (ankle jerk) reflex & paresis of gastrocnemius muscle
-Absent achiles (ankle jerk) reflex & paresis of peroneal muscle
659. B agonist used for preterm labor, may cause all EXCEPT:
NB: to be checked
660. Which of the following CA is caused by vinyl chloride ?
661. Proparonol may be given in ALL the following EXCEPT:
-Lithium induced tremors
Good Luck in the real exam ..
Done by ;
Dr. Athir Ghanim
Dr. Firas Al-Hanafi
Dr. J. C.
Dr. Tariq Al-Qubaty